Thursday, September 2, 2010

T.I. & Tomeka 'Tiny' Cottle Arrested!!

Months after his release from a federal prison the rapper T.I.was arrested Wednesday night with his wife in Los Angeles on drug charges, The Associated Press reported. T.I., whose given name is Clifford Harris, was arrested at a traffic stop in West Hollywood and accused of possession of a controlled substance. A representative for the Los Angeles sheriff’s department told The A.P., “Deputies smelled a strong odor of marijuana emitting from the vehicle,” adding that “a narcotics investigation ensued” that resulted in the arrest of T.I. and his wife, Tameka Cottle.

T.I., who currently appears in the action movie “Takers,” which was No. 1 at the box office last weekend, remains on probation for federal weapons charges stemming from a 2007 sting operation in which he was caught receiving three machine guns and two silencers that had been bought for him. After a guilty plea, T.I. performed more than 1,000 hours of community service and appeared on an MTV reality series, “T.I.’s Road to Redemption,”in which he warned teenagers about the dangers of guns and violence. He was released from an Arkansas prison in December and from a halfway house in March.


[abbnyt]

No comments:

Post a Comment