Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How 'Bottoms Up' Came About



Trey and Nicki finally work together on his first track from is fourthcoming album, Passion, Pain & Pleasure. I was intrigued and entertained by Nicki Minaj’s guest verse.

Trey explains how it all went down on BET awards weekend:

“I’m in L.A. for BET [Awards] weekend, I’m working on a couple records, and I do this song called ‘Red Lipstick,’ and then I do ‘Bottoms Up’ the next day,” Trey recalled of his recording session. “I hit Nicki and I’m like, ‘Man, I’ve got these two incredible records, I think one of them is gonna be my first single, and I need you to do it. Can you come this weekend? Can you come down?’

“I stayed a couple extra days and she came through,” he said. “Two, three days later I got a verse back that was just stupid.” Songz then addressed the MC directly and said, “I fell in love with you. When I heard the verse, I was like, ‘Oh my s—, I love her. She killed it.’ ”

Minaj chimed in and noted that fans had been waiting for the stars to team up. “Every day, people say, ‘When you gonna collaborate with Trey?’ For some strange reason they wanted to see that collaboration,” Minaj said. “So, when you hit me, I was very excited. I just thought, ‘This is our time.’ “

Nicki claims that it was not her on the Kane Beatz produced record. Rather, it was her alter ego, Roman Zolanski. Look for the Anthony Mandler directed video soon. Click the jump to listen and download the song on a previous post posted by El' Dell


>>>> Trey Songz Ft. Nicki Minaj [Bottoms Up]

No comments:

Post a Comment