Thursday, July 22, 2010

M.I.A. on Oprah & Lady GaGa


M.I.A. Had some choice words about Oprah and particularly Lady Gaga. This isn't the first time she has vocally expressed her opinions about the "Fame Monster" This is what M.I.A. recently had to say.

M.I.A:

‘…Oprah seemed like she was giving me the cold shoulder. She was with Iman (Bowie). Iman was always dancing with me, hugging and kissing me, but Oprah seemed really pissed off with me. Also she made this huge speech at the ball praising Lady Gaga and about how she (Lady Gaga) is helping Americans to be the best of themselves. There’s millions of other Americans who represent that for me. Is (it) about numbers? About how much you’re selling? Is it truly about the journey? Because (Lady Gaga’s) journey isn’t that difficult: to go from the fucking Upper East Side to a fucking performing arts school and on to a stage at the museum of fucking wherever. That journey’s about four miles.’

She is sounding a bit sour at this point. I am a fan of both artists and they both have unique sounds and I don't think there is any need to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment